The Henry County Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our county. The Foundation serves all of Henry County. Grants from unrestricted funds support a variety of programs in the fields of education, parks and recreation, the arts and community betterment. We have a particular interest in providing seed money for new programs designed to meet emerging community needs or to expand existing successful programs.
Grants are awarded to nonprofit, charitable organizations, which have been designated as having tax-exempt status. Preference will be given to those organizations showing existing matching funds for the project.
Grant Application Process
The Foundation considers grant requests four times annually. The deadline dates for receipt of proposals by the Board of Trustees are: March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1. All grant applications are carefully reviewed by the Board of Trustees. Applicants will be notified in writing of approval or denial of funding requests within one week after the Board of Trustees takes action.
Grant Review Criteria
The Henry County Community Foundation will place priority consideration on proposals which:
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources.
- Promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and the elimination of duplicated services.
- Test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems.
- Focus on the prevention of problems rather than the cure.
- Represent an unduplicated opportunity and meet a significant community need.
- Propose a specific program rather than general operating support of the organization.
- Propose to generate matching funds, this leveraging additional support.
The Foundation usually will not make grants from its unrestricted funds to:
- Support the general operating budget (or budget deficit) of established organizations.
- Annual campaigns
- Capital campaigns
For Additional Information, please write or call:
Henry County Community Foundation
611 North Perry Street
Napoleon, OH 43545