The purpose of the Kevin R. Schwiebert Memorial Scholarship is to provide post-secondary education scholarships. It is anticipated that one new scholarship in the amount of $500.00 will be awarded but the amount may increase as funds allow. Any Henry County high school graduate who is pursuing post-secondary education may apply (need not be a current senior).
Qualifications For Eligibility
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen;
- Applicant must be eligible for graduation from a Henry County, Ohio, High School.
- Applicant must demonstrate acceptance to a post-secondary educational or vocational program;
Basis for Selection
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below). Emphasis will be placed on applicant serving their community above and beyond any school requirements. Preference toward the child of a current or former firefighter.
How to Apply
- Complete scholarship application form.
- Obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals of your choice (teachers, school administrators, employer, etc.);
- A sheet listing school, community and/or athletic activities in which you have been involved, honors you have received, offices which you have held, volunteer and employment activities, etc. during high school or beyond; and
- Brief essay on the topic “Why community service is important to me and what I would like to do now or in the future to meet the service needs of my community.”
- Submit all application materials online or mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.; ATTN: Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg, 611 North Perry Street, Napoleon, OH 43545 (due or postmarked)-April 1st of the current year.
The above-stated criteria may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc., advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation.