The purpose of the Kline Family Catholic Scholarship Fund is to provide financial support to a Henry-County, Ohio high school graduate pursuing the completion of a degree in higher education. It is anticipated that at least one scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be annually awarded. Any Henry County, Ohio, high school graduate, who is enrolled in or beyond the sophomore year, and pursuing post-secondary education in a Catholic college or university, may apply. This award is not open to current high school seniors.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Applicant must have graduated from a high school in Henry County, Ohio.
- Applicant must demonstrate continued enrollment as a full-time student (as defined by the institution) at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Applicant must be a second-year college student, accepted and attending a Catholic college or university, having successfully completed a minimum of twelve graded college semester credits after H.S. graduation and entering the sophomore year (or beyond) of college.
BASIS FOR SELECTION
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below).
It is the donors’ desire that priority be given (but not limited) to students attending the following Catholic post-secondary educational institutions. Schools listed are those from which the Kline family members hold degrees:
- Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Holy Cross College, Notre Dame, IN
- John Carroll University, University Heights, OH
- Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Saint Mary’s College, Orchard Lake Village, MI
- University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN
Further criteria utilized in selecting scholarship recipients include the following:
- a) Demonstration of at least one year of attendance at a post-secondary educational institution
- b) Demonstration of enrollment at a Catholic college or university
- c) Above-average academic achievement
The scholarship is renewable for up to two additional years after the initial award (for a total of three years of a scholarship award) provided that the recipient is continuing his/her undergraduate education at a Catholic college or university and demonstrates average to above academic achievement.
 The scholarship will not be awarded to graduating high school seniors for their first year of post-secondary education – it is only intended for students who have completed a minimum of one year of post-secondary education after H.S. graduation.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete scholarship application form, and obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals of your choice (professors, instructors, advisors, etc.)
- A listing of school, community and/or athletic activities in which you have been involved, honors you have received, offices which you have held, volunteer and employment activities, etc. during high school or beyond
- Brief essay (150 words or less) in which your personal mission is reflected as it relates to the Mission Statement of the school where you intend to you use this scholarship
Submit all application materials online (or by mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.; ATTN: Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg, 611 North Perry Street, Napoleon, OH 43545.) All applications and materials are due (or postmarked) by April 1st of the current year.
The above-stated criteria may be revised by the Kline family in consultation with the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc., advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation.