The family of Kim W Beck established this memorial scholarship in his memory, to provide post-secondary education scholarships. Multiple scholarships will be awarded. The minimum amount awarded will be $1,000. The maximum amount will be based on funds available. Any graduating Napoleon High School senior or Napoleon High School graduate who is pursuing post-secondary undergraduate or graduate education may apply. An individual may be an annual recipient a maximum total of four times throughout his or her undergraduate or graduate educational career.
Qualifications for Eligibility
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen; eligible for graduation from Napoleon High School, Napoleon, Ohio.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 or higher GPA on a 4.0+ scale and be active in the school and community.
- Applicant must demonstrate acceptance to a post-secondary undergraduate or graduate educational or vocational program;
Basis for Selection
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by the Napoleon Education Foundation Committee and a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below). Emphasis will be placed on applicant’s membership in the N Club and involvement in extracurricular and/or community activities and clubs (i.e., athletic, musical, artistic, academic, etc.) during his/her high school years.
How to Apply
- Complete scholarship application form.
- Obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals of your choice (teachers, school administrators, employer, etc.);
- A sheet listing school, community and/or athletic activities in which you have been involved, honors you have received, offices which you have held, volunteer and employment activities, etc. during high school; and
- Document demonstrating acceptance to the college or university.
- Brief essay (2-3 paragraphs) on the topic “How will you use the lessons you learned while at NHS to make your community better for future generations.”
- Submit all application materials online or mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.; ATTN: Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg, 611 North Perry Street, Napoleon, OH 43545 (due or postmarked)-April1st of the current year.
The above-stated criteria may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc., advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation.