The purpose of the Henry and Angeline Van Poppel Scholarship is to provide post-secondary education scholarships for graduating high school seniors who are residents of Henry County, OH planning to pursue studies in the field of general agriculture or a related/closely related field – such as agribusiness, agricultural economics, agronomy, animal science, veterinary medicine, biotechnology, crop and weed sciences, etc.
Qualifications for Eligibility
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen;
- Average to above academic achievement, as demonstrated by an applicant’s GPA and college entrance test scores; and
- Family and/or individual income level which may preclude an applicant from receiving some financial need based grants and/or scholarship awards.
Recipients awarded a scholarship for their initial year of post-secondary education may apply in subsequent years for a scholarship award, provided they have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA and continue to pursue studies in the agricultural field.
Basis for Selection
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below).
How to Apply
- Complete scholarship application form.
- Obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation (teachers, school administrators, employer, etc.);
- A sheet listing extracurricular activities which should include school and community activities. Please note offices held and any honors received.
- Document demonstrating your acceptance to the college or university.
- Essay (500 word maximum) stating how you decided upon your major and career goals after you have completed your education.
- Submit all application materials online (or by mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.; ATTN: Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg; 611 North Perry Street, Napoleon, OH 43545) Due April 1st of the current year
The above-stated criteria may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc., advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation.