The purpose of the Grace N. Cox and Betty Lou Moose 4-H Scholarship is to provide post-secondary education scholarships. It is anticipated that one new scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 will be awarded in the spring.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen;
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen; and must currently be a 4-H member active in the Henry County, Ohio 4-H program
- Applicant must be eligible for graduation from High School and have achieved a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) by the end of his/her last semester of instruction;
- Applicant must demonstrate acceptance to a private or public college.
Basis For Selection
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below)
How to Apply
- Complete scholarship application form
- Obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals of your choice (teachers, school administrators, employer, etc.)
- A sheet listing 4-H, school, community and athletic activities in which you have been involved, honors you have received, offices which you have held, volunteer and employment activities, etc. during high school
- Document demonstrating your acceptance to a public or private college
- Brief essay (2-3 paragraphs) about how the 4-H program will help you achieve your goals in the future.
- Submit all application materials online or by mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc. ATTN:
Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg 611 North Perry St. Napoleon, OH 43545 by April 1st of the current year.
The above-stated criteria may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc, advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community