The purpose of the Morley’s Field Scholarship Fund is to provide post-secondary education scholarships. It is anticipated that 5 new scholarship in the amount of $600.00 will be awarded but the amount may increase as funds allow. Any Napoleon High School graduate that participated in Football, Cheerleading or Band and who is pursuing post-secondary education may apply.
Qualifications for Eligibility
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen; eligible for graduation from Napoleon High School, Napoleon, Ohio.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 or higher GPA on a 4.0+ scale and be active in the school and community.
- Applicant must have participated in Football, Cheerleading or Band in high school.
- Applicant must demonstrate acceptance to a post-secondary educational or vocational program;
Basis for Selection
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by the Morley’s Field Foundation Committee and a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below). Emphasis will be placed on applicant’s involvement in extracurricular and/or community activities and clubs (i.e., athletic, musical, artistic, academic, etc.) during his/her high school years.
How to Apply
- Complete scholarship application form.
- Obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals of your choice (teachers, school administrators, employer, etc.);
- A sheet listing school, community and/or athletic activities in which you have been involved, honors you have received, offices which you have held, volunteer and employment activities, etc. during high school; and
- Brief essay on the topic “How will you use the lessons learned inside Morley’s Field and Buckenmeyer Stadium to make your community better for future generations.”
- Submit all application materials online or mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.; ATTN: Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg, 611 North Perry Street, Napoleon, OH 43545 (due or postmarked)-April 1st of the current year.
The above-stated criteria may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc., advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation.