The purpose of the Stan Cox Memorial Scholarship is to provide post-secondary education scholarships for graduating high school seniors who are students at Bryan High School, in Bryan, OH planning to pursue studies in the field of Education. It is anticipated that one new $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
Qualifications For Eligibility
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen;
- Average to above academic achievement, as demonstrated by an applicant’s GPA and college entrance test scores; and
- High School Senior that will be graduating with a 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale and has been accepted into an accredited post-secondary institution to pursue studies in the field of Education.
Basis for Selection
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by a special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation based on information submitted on the scholarship application form and all attachments (as noted below).
How To Apply
- Complete scholarship application form.
- Obtain and attach:
- An official copy of your most recent transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals of your choice (teacher, school administrator, coach, advisor, employer, etc.);
- A sheet listing school, community and athletic activities in which you have been involved, honors you have received, offices which you have held, volunteer and employment activities, etc. during high school;
- Document demonstrating your acceptance to the college or university.
- Brief essay (2-3 paragraphs) as to why you decided to study Education and who influenced you.
- Submit all application materials online, (or mail to: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.; ATTN: Mr. Dusty Sonnenberg; 611 North Perry Street, Napoleon, OH 43545) by April 1st of the current year.
The above-stated criteria may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees of the Toledo Community Foundation, Inc., advised by the special committee of the Henry County Community Foundation.